The Benefits of Gender-Specific RehabIn a men’s rehab or a women’s rehab, the goal is to heal from the damage created by addiction and mental health disorders. Treatment is specific to your needs. However, these individual programs provide opportunities for learning and growth in a way best suited for your gender. Here are some key benefits:
- Men and women learn differently – In this type of treatment program, the teaching methods and the strategies used are specific to the way you learn. That may make them more effective.
- This treatment eliminates the distraction of the other gender. That means more ability to focus on yourself and your healing.
- Men and women need support in different ways – Many women benefit from having an open conversation with those around them who can support them. Men may find expressing feelings openly more challenging. Yet having camaraderie with other men helps create more confidence.
- Fewer cultural concerns exist, too – The way you speak, express thoughts, and feel about various things may differ from others. You want to feel comfortable enough to open up.
- Building relationships with others in this environment is critical – You want to fit in and be able to open up.
What You Can Expect in a Men’s Rehab or Women’s RehabIn either situation, you’ll be surrounded by people who understand what you’re facing in addiction recovery. A gender-specific rehab may incorporate group activities and addiction therapy sessions. This creates an opportunity for opening up the conversation. Group sessions may involve:
- Open discussion on addiction and stress
- Education on the disease and managing symptoms
- Opportunities to discuss feelings, thoughts, and experiences with others
- Role-playing and other forms of therapy to teach strategies for avoiding relapse
- Resources for rebuilding relationships and life skills
How Our Men’s and Women’s Rehab Supports Your RecoveryAt Fort Behavioral Health, our team works closely with you to ensure you have access to an individualized treatment plan. That will include individual and group therapy sessions. It may also incorporate family therapy and other strategies designed to help you thrive in recovery. The goal is to help you stop using and then rebuild your life and health. We do this with a range of therapy programs, including: drug and alcohol detox and ongoing treatment options available, our master clinicians are ready to help you to love, heal, and rebuild your life without the threat of drugs and alcohol.
Find the Help You Need in Gender-Specific Rehab at Fort Behavioral HealthA gender-specific rehab could provide the space, privacy, and support you need to thrive in treatment. Fort Behavioral Health offers this and much more to help ensure your best outcome. Learn more about our program when you call 844.332.1807 or connect with us online today.
Fort Behavioral Health in Fort Worth, Texas reaches out to the community with adult and adolescent addiction treatment programs. The dual-licensed addiction treatment center provides the programs, therapy, and treatment Texas residents deserve. Lasting recovery isn’t about Fort Behavioral Health, it’s about you. Our licensed experts help you rebuild your life and relationships. From medical detox staff to master level clinicians and nutrition specialists, your body and mind begin to heal once you reach out for help in Fort Worth, Texas. Contact us to learn more about Fort Behavioral Health addiction treatment and wellness programs.