The 6 Types of Adversity
1. Physical AdversityPhysical disability is an example of physical adversity. For example, a professional athlete may face physical adversity after experiencing a career-ending injury, which drastically changes their life’s trajectory. Furthermore, being blind, deaf, obese, or in chronic pain and having to deal with the difficulties of those ailments may force someone to have to fight to achieve a normal life.
2. Mental AdversityA mental problem, or mental illness, may limit someone. Seeking help from a doctor, psychologist, or psychiatrist can greatly improve one’s life when dealing with mental adversity. Enhancing one’s well-being and achieving a normal life are the goals of seeking treatment.
3. Emotional AdversityEmotional maturity allows us to have a productive state of mind and face difficulties in life. Self-worth is vital to develop, as rage and sadness can lead to problems in dealing with daily life. We need to control our emotions, so they do not control us.
4. Social AdversitySocial interaction is crucial to human life. Being limited in social skills can severely limit a person from getting a job, making friends, or maintaining a family unit. Developing these skills can significantly improve one’s life.
5. Spiritual AdversityFaith in a higher power does not have to be a God, but faith is an advantage in life. It helps when one has hope, compassion, and love for themselves and others to cope with daily life.
6. Financial AdversityThis may be the most apparent adversity that our society and the rest of the world faces. Not being able to afford necessities creates a barrier to leading a happy life and can lead to jealousy and anger. No matter the type of adversity you are experiencing, our Fort Behavioral Health team provides comprehensive therapeutic programs to give you the mental strength you may need. Also, the enhanced self-confidence that you may feel after your therapy sessions will provide the foundation for future success. Also, you will gain skills and strategies that will help you continue to conquer adversity when it appears in your life.
Defeat Adversity with Help from Fort Behavioral HealthEveryone faces adversity in life, just at varying degrees and in different contexts. You can take steps to deal with your particular hardships or misfortunes and turn negative issues into positive life paths. Dedication, motivation, and belief in oneself are vital to improving our life circumstances, regardless of our adversities. If you are struggling with dealing with life’s hurdles, and are experiencing a subsequent addiction to drugs or alcohol to cope, understand that you are not alone, and there is hope for a better future. If you or someone you know is struggling with an addiction to drugs or alcohol, call us today at 844.332.1807 or visit us online.
Fort Behavioral Health in Fort Worth, Texas reaches out to the community with adult and adolescent addiction treatment programs. The dual-licensed addiction treatment center provides the programs, therapy, and treatment Texas residents deserve. Lasting recovery isn’t about Fort Behavioral Health, it’s about you. Our licensed experts help you rebuild your life and relationships. From medical detox staff to master level clinicians and nutrition specialists, your body and mind begin to heal once you reach out for help in Fort Worth, Texas. Contact us to learn more about Fort Behavioral Health addiction treatment and wellness programs.