Consider the Benefits of a Gender-Specific ProgramSeek out a gender-specific rehab. A location that offers separate men’s and women’s treatment may be beneficial because it can create an opportunity for you to focus solely on your needs and health. It takes away a lot of the distraction. Other benefits include:
- Treatment is customized to meet the needs of men specifically.
- You’ll be surrounded by other men who have gone through the same types of experiences you have.
- It’s possible to focus solely on healing and not on the stigma of addiction. You’ll feel at ease here.
- Opening up for many men is hard, but doing it with people who get it is easier.
- That may make treatment more successful.
- There’s no judgment, risk, or complicated process. You can feel supported and respected here, sometimes for the first time in a long time.
Move Forward with a Comprehensive Treatment CenterLook for a heroin addiction treatment program. This program is designed to treat the specific damage heroin creates, including helping you overcome the pain you have that may have put you on the path to using this drug. You also want to determine if the location offers a consistent treatment process, one that helps you move from severe addiction to outpatient care. For example, many people with heroin addiction benefit from detox. However, there are medications available that can ease the symptoms of detox, making it a bit easier for you to work through the common symptoms of pain, headaches, insomnia, and irritability. Once you work through detox, a residential treatment program is often necessary for those with heroin addiction because of just how strong this addiction can be. In residential treatment, you should have access to comprehensive substance abuse treatment. That includes both evidence-based and holistic therapies that can help you heal. For some people, heroin robs them of day-to-day quality of life. It makes it very hard for them to participate in their responsibilities, such as going to school or work. You need therapy to overcome this. Most people also need to learn how to heal relationships, deal with stress, and manage mental health disorders if present. Seek out a heroin addiction rehab that offers those types of treatment, including:
- Dual diagnosis treatment if you have a history of depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy to aid in changing negative thoughts and behaviors
- Art and music therapy or other experiential therapies that enable you to work through your addiction and heal old wounds
- Nutrition therapy and medical support to enable your body to work on healing from the damage created by addiction
- Family therapy programs to support the recovery of some of the most important relationships in your life